Founding of The Dental Council of Thailand
The Dental Council of Thailand is a juristic person established on September 6th, 1994 under the dental profession act of 2537 (BE).
- To promote research, education, and the dental profession.
- To promote unity and to uphold the honor of our members.
- To protect the rights, ensure justice, and promote the benefits of dental practitioners.
- To regulate the conduct of dental practitioners in accordance with the dental ethics code.
- Assist, recommend, and promote the public and other organizations on matters related to dentistry and dental public health.
- To provide guidance and advice to the government on dental and dental public health matters.
- To represent dental practitioners in Thailand.
Roles and duties of the Thai Dental Council
- Process the registration and applications for dental practitioners.
- Investigate and provide judgement when dental practitioners are accused of violating the dental ethics code. The following judgements can be issued
- Issuance of a warning
- Issuance a probation
- Temporary suspension of a dental license not exceeding a maximum of 2 years
- Permanent revocation of a dental license
- Certify dental certificates and degrees issued by recognized dental schools in order for the recipient to be a member of the Dental Council of Thailand.
- Certify specialist curriculums and certificates hosted by recognized dental schools.
- Certify the academic standing of dental schools mentioned in (4).
- Issue specialist certificates of the recognized specialist boards.
- Carry out the duties of the Dental Council in accordance with its objectives.
Definition of dentistry
- A profession that provides treatment on human beings.
- Performs examinations, diagnoses, treatment, and prevention of
- Dental diseases
- Organ diseases related to teeth
- Organ diseases in the oral cavity
- Diseases of the jaw and maxillofacial bones
- Surgery and other forms of treatment to restore the oral organs and maxillofacial jaw bones.
- Treatment of teeth in the oral cavity.
The Dental Council board is comprised of 46 members from three sources.
- Members by position (18)
- Undersecretary of the Ministry of Public Health (1)
- President of the the Thai Dental Association (1)
- Deans of the Faculty of Dentistry (16)
- Members by appointment from three ministries (5)
- Ministry of Public Health (3)
- Ministry of Defense (1)
- Ministry of Interior (1)
- Elected members (23)